Friday, January 25, 2008

if you will it, dude...

I was flipping through a magazine last night when I was at the recording studio, and I stumble across an article about an event that seemingly was made for me.

Lebowski Fest.

No joke. I had heard about it before, and I knew there were smaller "Lebowski Fests" around the country, but this one is the big one. It meets annually in Louisville, Kentucky. This year it's July 11-12.

The Big Lebowski has for years been my favorite movie. Sure, I know full well that driving to Louisville to hang out with a bunch of "Achievers" would not only be stupid but probably a monumental waste of time.

But maybe not. Past Lebowski Fests have included Lebowski art shows, appearances by Liam (Jesus' bowling partner), costume contests, live music, all the caucasians a man can drink, and even appearances by The Dude himself!

There's even a Chicago Lebowski Fest taking place, but I missed the boat. It's sold out.

All I want to know is...who's coming with me?

No comments: